Monday, September 19, 2011

Surreal

So as promised, I'm starting a blog!!! I don't quite know what to think about having a blog, but I figure this can be a record for Dave and I for years to come... and also let friends/family know what we're up to for the next few months. So without further ado.. here we go!


This all started 3 weeks ago almost to the day. Dave happens to mention to me that he got an email from a previous boss about a contract position on the East Coast.  The boss wondered if Dave knew anyone who would want to work with Ruby/Rails - Dave had said no.  He tells me this, and I ask him why he's not interested.  Long story short, Dave finds out more info about the job, sends his resume, interviews over skype, and is offered the position all within 3 days! My company was awesome and said I could work from an office at this East Coast location.  Two and a half weeks later we drove out to Boston!!!!!!

Here we are in Boston! All moved in, settled, and just finished our first day at work in the new location.  I still can't believe  we're here.  Surreal is the only way to put it.  It happened so fast, but everything fell into place and we felt so good about it all.

My office is about 10 minutes away and was really nice inside! Flawless set up and good to go.
Dave went into his office later this morning. Everything went well for his first day, aside from his 40 minute (2.3 mile) walk/run to make the commuter line in the morning.  And actually then... Dave missed his 5:50 commuter rail home and didn't want to wait for the next one until 7:50.  So he took the Red line subway to Alewife.  I drove 20 minutes in some crazy traffic to pick him up (the joys of one car).  Oh silly Dave!  Before we leave we will have his commute into downtown perfected.

Oh! Last item - our internet has been down for 3 days. Dave got it working (he's so good!), which is why I've now started the blog.  We also enjoyed our fixed internet and first day of work with a shot of Root Beer Barrel vodka - thanks Kim and Jim!!! hehe

Boston Tip of the Day:  The city of Worcester is actually pronounced Woos-tah.  Don't get this wrong! :)

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome! Glad your trip went well. I'm sure that mass transit will take some getting used to... you can come back whenever! Did you get the bank thing figured out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so confused? I thought your apartment was only 1 mile away from your office and .5 miles away from the train?

    ReplyDelete