Monday, September 26, 2011

Less Casual

Our goal this past Saturday was to explore a little around our city/surrounding areas. We looked at the other apartment complex we were sooo close to renting, and man am I glad we are where we are. We're much more secluded and it's just way better! Sometime soon I plan to post pics of our place.

Our other big adventure was finding the outlet mall! Some coworkers mentioned there was one in Watertown, about 10-15 minutes away. I map it and it says it's only 5 miles away ... I'm thinking 10 minutes tops. Well the traffic here is crazer. You're going through all these mini towns that intersect with one another. Roads are going this way and that way.  Needless to say it was more like 20 minutes. 

This 'Arsenal' outlet mall is on a site that dates back before the Civil War and was used by the Army. Obviously that has since been torn down, but it's kind of neat to think about.  So Dave and I hit up only two stores, but it takes 2 hours!  Ok... so I took a little long in Ann Taylor Factory store, but Dave made up for it big time at the Gap Outlet. He found some good jeans, but decided he wanted two pairs. He tried on the same size of at least 4 different styles, but none worked. He tried the same style, but the same size fit differently each time. Over an hour later, we found two pairs that fit.  He was worse than a girl! :)

Oh, and to the title of this post... Dave had also looked at some casual khakis that he would wear on weekends or occasionally to work. He says to me 'I just don't know if I need anymore of these kinds of pants... I mean aren't these less casual than my work pants?'  FYI - his work pants are quite dressy. I say yes, then replay what he said, and promptly say no. He repeats 'Really? These are definitely less casual than my work pants.' I reply, 'No I don't think so.' He starts to get frustrated ' What are you talking about?! These are less casual than my work pants!' I pause and ask him to re-think what he's saying, and I can see he's realizing these pants are actually less dressy than his work pants. He says 'Oops, you're right' and smiles at me. Now I continually bug him about 'less casual.' :)


Lastly, my Boston tip of the day: Sales Tax is higher here than in MI because they have state and local taxes. Be warned, Dave says you can actually feel the expensiveness!

2 comments:

  1. Because they have state and local taxes, or because they don't have state and local taxes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more expensive because they have state and local taxes. It's really only a little higher, but apparently Dave can feel it! :)

    ReplyDelete